What I like:
- The tabbed layout for the info is much more compact, saves a lot of scrolling which I'm all in favour of.
- Having the total fish / wood gathered from a complete gathering cycle for the dragon (eg. 4,000 / hour at 30m gives 2,000)
- More icons makes the page more visually appealing
What I don't like:
- The colour scheme
- The first table is a bit clunky, our info box looked neater
- Lost information eg. special events, links to unique dragons, mention of rarity and release values
- Lost images
- Non game standard abbreviations (using 2 Hr 12 Mins where in game you see 2h12m)
- On the whole the page feels a bit empty
I'd like to adapt the tabbed stats table with our style, but I prefer the rest of our page layout.
I've put together a quick version of what I like from both versions http://riseofberk.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Twentypence-Dragon-Layout
This looks pretty awesome! I agree that the page does look quite blank with no 'words' on them. We should integrate this infobox with our current one. I may be able to add more parameters for more info, but we'll see how that goes. The colour DEFINATELY needs to be changed. If there was a way to add the class symbol next to the name it would look even better. EDIT: also, maybe we won't use the dragon info box and use our current one instead, but we must most definately use the new Earnings table! StaticTheSkrill (talk) 06:00, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm quite happy to mess about with our infobox template until we've got everything in there that we want. I've put together a mockup here: http://riseofberk.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Twentypence-Dragon-Layout, it has the class symbol next to the class name, I'm not sure if this is where you actually wanted it or if you wanted it next to the dragon name? (Yes, I do know it's the wrong symbol, but the tracker class is the only one we're missing at the moment).
- Twentypence (talk) 09:34, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
That looks perfect! Preferably next to the dragon name, but wait her way is fine. Also I have semi transparent class symbols with no background. Should I upload those to the wiki for you to work with? StaticTheSkrill (talk) 22:09, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
- That would be great, I don't have the ability to make transparent ones so the ones I uploaded were just the high res symbols from the FB page with a white area around them. Twentypence (talk) 03:28, August 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I've started putting together a template, check out the results here: http://riseofberk.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Twentypence/Rumblehorn
- Let me know if that's what you're after Twentypence (talk) 22:23, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
I think the layout is very clean and well thought out. Coloring could use some variety; I feel like it is too much of a single color, though that is my opinion.
In general it looks very nice but it's built in a way that most muggles will have a hard time adding information too. I'm looking into idea to get a similar functionality and look without the loss of usability and stability. I'll let you know what I come up with.
Another problem with this new layout is that it is not mobile-friendly.
- Very happy to work with you on this, is it just the tabs that don't display on mobile browsers?
- Twentypence (talk) 08:29, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I think I've solved most, if not all, of those issues with this version: http://riseofberk.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Twentypence-Dragon-Layout
- Twentypence (talk) 10:18, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
I think it looks great !
I agree, it is a great layout.